- what information we may collect about you;
- how we will use the information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us; and
Whenever you provide personal information to us, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. WHO WE ARE
We are The Legal Pod – which is Temple Employment Law Ltd, K Legal Ltd and Zeilberger Stone Ltd. Collectively we own and operate the website www.thelegalteam.com. When we refer to “we”, “our” we are referring to these three entities.
3. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
If you email or telephone us using contact details on our website we may receive personal information about you. This may consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address or telephone number. By providing your details, you enable us to provide you with the services which we offer.
4. HOW WE WILL USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- to provide you with information about our services;
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use and to establish the country you are accessing the services from;
- to analyse and improve our services; and
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Where we propose to use your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
5. INTERNATIONAL TRANSERS
Information that you submit via the site may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). By way of example, this may happen if one or more of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is located in a country outside the EEA. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
6. WHEN WILL YOU CONTACT ME?
We may contact you:
- in relation to any service you have requested in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any comment or complaint you make about our services; and
- for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this.
7. WILL WE CONTACT YOU FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
We will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, where you have agreed to this.
8. WILL YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required by law (for example by the police if they have a valid court order). Generally, we will only use your information within The Legal Pod. However, sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf. We require those third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and we require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
9. OBSCENE, DEFAMATORY, INFRINGING, OR ILLEGAL CONTENT
If you submit obscene, defamatory, infringing, or illegal content to the website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour and inform relevant third parties such as the police.
10. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for us to provide you with our services, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
11. CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION YOU HOLD ABOUT ME?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
a. What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. We use this type of information to help improve the services we provide to you. All third parties are strictly required not to use any information for their own business or other purposes.
c. Third party cookies in embedded content on our pages
Please note that during your visits to our websites you may notice some cookies that are not related to us. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, YouTube, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these.
d. cookies and how to reject them
13. DO NOT TRACK (DNT) BROWSER SETTING
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytics companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests, however you may opt-out of tracking on this website, including analytics by changing your cookie settings.
Sophie Clifford – [email protected]